As a homeowner in Easton, PA, dealing with plumbing problems is almost inevitable. While some plumbing issues can be easily fixed with a plunger or a wrench, others may require the help of a professional plumber. Here are the most common plumbing problems, and how to fix them.
- Clogged Drains – Clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing problems. They can be caused by hair, soap scum, food debris, or other objects that get stuck in the pipes. To fix a clogged drain, start by using a plunger to create suction and dislodge the clog. If that doesn’t work, try using a plumbing snake to remove the clog. For persistent clogs, it’s best to call a professional plumber.
- Leaky Faucets – A leaky faucet can be caused by a worn-out washer or O-ring, a damaged valve seat, or a corroded valve. To fix a leaky faucet, start by turning off the water supply to the faucet. Next, remove the handle and the spout to access the valve. Replace any worn-out parts or clean any corroded parts with vinegar. Reassemble the faucet and turn on the water supply.
- Running Toilets – A running toilet can waste a lot of water and increase your water bill. A faulty flapper or a damaged fill valve usually causes it. To fix a running toilet, start by checking the flapper and the fill valve. Replace any worn-out parts or clean any debris that may be causing the problem.
- Low Water Pressure – Low water pressure can be caused by a clogged aerator, a damaged water main, or a faulty pressure regulator. To fix low water pressure, check the faucet’s aerator. Clean any debris that may be blocking the flow of water. Check the water main and pressure regulator if that doesn’t work. It’s best to call a professional plumber to fix these issues.
- Burst Pipes – Burst pipes can be caused by freezing temperatures or excessive water pressure. To prevent burst pipes, insulate your pipes during the winter and reduce the water pressure in your home. If a pipe does burst, turn off the water supply to your home and call a professional plumber immediately.
In conclusion, these are the most common plumbing problems, and how to fix them. While some plumbing issues can be easily resolved by homeowners, others may require the help of a professional plumber. By being aware of these common plumbing problems, you can take steps to prevent them from happening in the first place and save yourself time and money in the long run.
Need more help? Our friendly staff is always available to help – Contact us